[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-172 Additional definition for NRPM Section 2 - Legacy Resources

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Fri Jun 15 08:40:50 EDT 2012

On 6/15/2012 9:43 AM, Owen DeLong wrote:

> Before the meaning of 8.3 was emasculated by creative interpretation and subsequently taken out of the AC's hands by fiat of the board determining that this was an operational and not a policy question, it was the very clear intent of the community and the AC that an LRSA was not an acceptable alternative to meet the RSA requirements of 8.3 and that only a standard RSA would be permitted.
>
> I understand the reasons that this interpretation was made and believe that it was necessary, so I am not actually seeking to criticize ARIN staff or the board for doing so. However, it is certainly the intent of the policy that legacy status not be transferrable under 8.3 to whatever extent policy can specify that as that was certainly the clear intent of the community during the development of said policy.

So, Owen, which is it?

Did it "work out pretty well for everyone without ARIN acting in
contravention of its community developed policies" or was "the meaning
of 8.3 emasculated by creative interpretation" and "the very clear
intent of the community than an LRSA was not an acceptable alternative
to meet the RSA requirements of 8.3" ?

Matthew Kaufman