[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-172 Additional definition for NRPM Section 2 - Legacy Resources

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Fri Jun 15 04:56:56 EDT 2012

> Policy statement (section 1 is unchanged from ARIN-prop-172 version 2.0; section 2 is rewritten):
>
> A legacy resource is an IPv4 address or Autonomous System Number that
> satisfies both of the following two criteria:
>
> (1)     it was issued to an entity (other than a Regional Internet
> Registry) or individual (the "original legacy holder") prior to ARIN's
> inception on Dec 22, 1997 either by an organization authorized by the
> United States to perform the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority
> ("IANA") functions or an Internet Registry; and

entity is a term that would include individuals, so, "or individual" is unnecessary and should be deleted.
The parenthesis around "other than a Regional Internet Registry" are unnecessary and should be removed.

(I believe I made both of these comments on the original text as well).

> (2)    has not been returned or transferred by the original legacy holder (or its legal successor), has not been reclaimed or revoked by the issuing Registry or its legal successor, and is not covered by a Registration Services Agreement (other than a Legacy Registration Services Agreement).

I can support this definition. It is much more accurate than previous attempts.

Owen