[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-171 Section 8.4Modifications:ASNandlegacy resources

Mike Burns mike at nationwideinc.com
Mon Jun 11 20:20:21 EDT 2012

Hi John,

Just finished the Steve Ryan piece, thanks.
I wanted to share an alternate perspective from a lawyer and sometime
contributor here on the PPML:

http://addrex.net/documents/2012/02/rubi-aipla-qj.pdf

I think the argument about property rights for legacy space is germane to
this list, and we run the risks of creating policy in contravention of the
law if we don't fully understand each point of view.
I think a debate between Ryan and Rubi would be more edifying than a debate
between yourself and Prof. Mueller.
But I would buy popcorn for both.

Regards,
Mike

>Mike -

>You might also want to review this article written by Steve Ryan,
ARIN's counsel, as it addresses some of the questions regarding
how ARIN views address holders rights to number resources -
>http://www.mwe.com/info/pubs/internetprotocolnumbers0212.pdf

Thanks!
/John

John Curran