[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-171 Section 8.4 Modifications: ASN and legacy resources

Jo Rhett jrhett at netconsonance.com
Sat Jun 9 01:41:46 EDT 2012

On Jun 8, 2012, at 8:10 PM, William Herrin wrote:
> ARIN isn't going to take away legacy addresses for declining to sign a
> contract. Even it we passed a policy saying to. Not gonna happen.
> Wouldn't be legal. Not against the weight of precedent. So let's all
> stop pretending it conceivably could happen.

I completely disagree with your entire assertion. You not only aren't interpreting the facts accurately, but you are blindly ignoring the facts. It hasn't gone there, and there are numerous reasons it won't go there. Not everyone is a psychopath with no interest in anyone but themselves, Bill.  People understand that if they chose not to play ball, ARIN has recourses available to them. Most people understand the value of not fighting a fight they can't win, and where the other party has readily available 'nuclear' options and they do not.

Now please take this little charade off to a blog somewhere and rant away, and let this list focus on policy.

--
Jo Rhett