[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-172 Additional definition for NRPM Section 2 - Legacy Resources

Paul Vixie paul at redbarn.org
Sat Jun 9 00:04:09 EDT 2012

On 2012-06-08 8:27 PM, Milton L Mueller wrote:
> One possible, and likely, outcome is that they will turn to an
> alternative registry(ies) that ISPs come to see as a peer of ARIN
> because of the number of address resources registered within them.

"likely"?

why exactly is that likely?

i can't think of any isp's like that. as a network operator myself, i
have always treated "me too!" registries of any kind whether for domain
names or ip addresses or any other identifier that "the public" has to
certify in some way as "obviously flakey".

see, again, <http://queue.acm.org/detail.cfm?id=2008216>.

> In that case ARIN would ...

in the case where pigs had wings, then pigs could fly. we already know
that part. it's the wings part that has me puzzled.

paul