[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-171 Section 8.4 Modifications: ASN and legacy resources

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Fri Jun 8 20:23:48 EDT 2012

On 6/8/12, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
> On Jun 8, 2012, at 7:11 PM, "William Herrin" <bill at herrin.us> wrote:
>> ARIN's 100% approval rate of bankruptcy-sale recipients has been most
>> efficient
>
> Several proposed transactions have had to go
> back to the beginning and find a more appropriate
> recipient (in order to meet community policy.)
>
> You apparently are waiting for a court order for ARIN
> to update the registry contrary to community policy
> (good luck with that...)

No, there was already such a court order in the Kremen case. ARIN
declined to comply, Kremen sued and ultimately lost on the statute of
limitations without ever reaching whether the original order
legitimately compelled ARIN to update the registration.

Old news.

What I would hear of, if you'd be so kind, is a specific bankruptcy
case in which ARIN reported to the judge that the the guy offering the
most money for the addresses was not qualified to receive them. You
implied there was precedent on this. I'd like to pull up the order and
read it.

I also note that you appear to agree that to date ARIN has always
qualified an acceptable recipient, never asking the judge to find the
addresses forfeit for lack of a qualified buyer. Yes?

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004