[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-171 Section 8.4 Modifications: ASN and legacy resources

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Fri Jun 8 18:28:37 EDT 2012

On 6/8/12, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
> On Jun 8, 2012, at 4:42 PM, "William Herrin" <bill at herrin.us> wrote:
>> To date the only related matter that's reasonably
>> well settled is that ARIN may refuse to change a legacy registration.
>
> You've got it reversed; as ARIN has frequently intervened
> to make sure that resources are only updated in accordance
> with community policy, including in half a dozen bankruptcy
> matters.

John,

That's a difference in spin, not substance. "Will update these
particular ways (no other)" is identical in every respect to "won't
update (except these particular ways)."

Wake me up if you ever actually tell a bankruptcy court that they must
not treat a legacy address block as a salable asset. I'll bring the
popcorn to the show.

Regards,
Bill

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004