[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-171 Section 8.4 Modifications: ASN and legacy resources

Martin Hannigan hannigan at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 12:51:11 EDT 2012

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 12:24 PM, paul vixie <paul at redbarn.org> wrote:
> On 6/4/2012 12:43 PM, Martin Hannigan wrote:
>> On Sun, Jun 3, 2012 at 4:29 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
>> Allowing for people to recover their property would seem to outweigh
>> this concern.
>>
>> [ snip ]
>
> "Property" is so the wrong word for what I think you mean here.

What do you think I mean? Legacy resources today are providing for a
financial gain. We are transferring assets for those that can "pass" a
"chain of custody certification". If we can transfer number resources
for financial gain for those people, I think that we should also be
returning the assets that we find to be presented "in error" to their
rightful "holders" for disposition. The flip side is that at the end
of such a process, the resources will have been dealt with. [ Note, I
am not a lawyer and don't play one on TV. I will be interested to hear
what the lawyer does say about such a concept..]

Best,

-M<