[arin-ppml] 2011-1 not adopted Was:Re: Board Adopts Draft Policies

Scott Leibrand scottleibrand at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 19:48:21 EST 2012

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 2:07 PM, William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:

> If the AC was prepared to facilitate it, I'd be perfectly willing to
> spearhead an alternate proposal that could be considered in parallel
> with 2011-1 in Vancouver. The concerns for a 2011-1-like proposal have
> been pretty thoroughly aired so it shouldn't be impossible to
> incorporate the ones which wouldn't block all possibility of an
> inter-region transfer process. And let the draft with the strongest
> consensus win.
>
> Still, I want to hear from others on the AC first.

I've consistently supported taking policy proposals and adopting them
as draft policies for adoption discussion at face to face meetings,
regardless whether or not I support the text as proposed.   I support
the idea of inter-regional transfer policy, and support 2011-1, and
would be happy to work with you to facilitate getting a proposal to
Vancouver, whether it's an alternative to 2011-1 or a set of suggested
amendments to it.

If anyone else is interested on working on an alternative
inter-regional transfer policy, I'd encourage you to speak up and/or
contact Bill to let him know.

> Find me 7 more AC members or 9 more PPML subscribers willing to
> petition an alternate proposal on to Vancouver's agenda and I'll spend
> the effort it takes to produce a clear and concise proposal that
> broadly incorporates the 2011-1 dissenters' views.

I think most people will want to see the proposal text before agreeing
to support bringing it forward, but if we can come up with a proposal
that matches your description, I don't think we'll have too much
trouble bringing it forward for discussion.

-Scott