[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-164 Predictable ARIN IPv4 Resource exhaustion

Joe Maimon jmaimon at chl.com
Wed Feb 1 20:07:51 EST 2012

Owen DeLong wrote:
> +1
>
> While I believe that the asymmetry of runout is causing problems and that
> there are additional problems of abuse related to the interactions between
> a free pool and a transfer market, this is a case where the proffered cure
> is worse than the disease.
>
> Owen

Owen,

I am crushed. This was supposed to be the proposal you should have written.

The point of this proposal is that if we are considering reverting to 12
month allocation window, the ARIN free pool wont last a year, and only
in light of that eventuality does this proposal's appeal start to shine
forth.

Best,

Joe