[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-180 ISP Private Reassignment

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu Aug 9 23:53:05 EDT 2012

On Aug 9, 2012, at 10:38 , aaron at wholesaleinternet.net wrote:

> Support
>
> --- but let me tell you how this is going to go down ---
>
> 1.  The AC is going to abandon it.

Assumes facts not in evidence.

> 2.  You'll petition and get it to the meeting.

Definitely assumes facts not in evidence.

> 3.  In the months leading up to the meeting you'll receive e-mails from
> people calling you every name you can think of.  Saying you're a spammer
> and that you're trying to hide criminals and that you rape babies.

??

> A few security "experts" will write in their blogs about how you must be
> some criminal yourself.  They'll try to get to your wife and kids and use
> them to squeeze you.
>
> Keep in mind none of these people will have actually read your proposal.

I believe that the AC reads EVERY proposal before acting on it. I know that
at least this AC member does and I have no reason to believe otherwise
of any of the others.

> 4.  You'll go to the meeting to present it.  Law enforcement will be there
> and try to appeal to your sense of good to drop the policy.  When that
> fails they meet with you late at night and try to make some back room deal
> with you.

??? On what do you base this?

> 5.  Realizing that you're life could become very difficult very fast
> you'll get up at the podium the next day and retract your support for your
> own proposal.

If you have a basis for this claim, it is very disturbing.

Owen