[arin-ppml] IP Address Policy

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 00:15:36 EDT 2012

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 8:50 PM, Steven Ryerse
<SRyerse at eclipse-networks.com> wrote:
>  ARIN has to decide whether they want to help this "customer" and other like us.

I do not speak for ARIN, but I am confident that they want to help
their "customers"
follow the policies as adopted by the board.  You should also accept
that you are
not the only customer of ARIN.  So are "the members", and "the
community".  Those
customers have, over many years (and enough debate on PPML and in ARIN
meetings that if printed would de-forest entire small countries) come up with a
set of policies that ARIN staff has followed.  Those community driven policies
are revised when there is agreement that those policies need to be changed.
It is entirely possible that if you propose specific language it can be adopted,
but such proposals certainly need more justification that your business model
depends on it.  And asserting that your business model is predicated on not
understanding the "regulatory" environment before entering into that business
model is actually more of an indictment of your process than that of ARIN
following its charter.

Gary