[arin-ppml] Fee structures for ARIN

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Sat Oct 29 13:51:15 EDT 2011

On Oct 29, 2011, at 4:54 PM, Jeff Wheeler wrote:

> As you know, my primary concern is DFZ bloat and routing stability.  I
> do not think RPKI is necessarily the best way to address this, but it
> is one possible technical solution.  Another would be dramatically
> improving the ARIN IRR, making it more user-friendly for both
> publishing routing information and querying it.  We can certainly ask
> ARIN to do both these things, not just one or the other.

Could other folks interested in ARIN improving its IRR services
(or not investing here) please speak up?   At the recent ARIN
meeting, we heard advocates of those who want ARIN to do more
with IRR, but also from those who believe that there's already
an abundance of routing registries out there and ARIN investing
time and effort in this area makes little sense.  More input
from the community on this topic would certainly be helpful.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO