[arin-ppml] Gaming the system

Jeff Wheeler jsw at inconcepts.biz
Fri Oct 21 23:54:16 EDT 2011

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 9:18 PM, William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:
> May I respectfully suggest that EVERY draft policy which crosses the
> AC's desk and every proposed change to ARIN's process would benefit
> from gaming an aggressive attempt to misuse it.

You may have noticed my explanation of how many ISPs can easily
qualify for the maximum possible IPv6 allocation under 2011-3.  It is
not clear to me what happens once they have acquired two /12s.
Paragraph 6.5.3(d) is not explicit one way or the other.  If you read
the NANOG discussion about this, Owen DeLong points out that if it is
indeed abused, there should be plenty of opportunity to correct it;
but it is clear to me that your suggestion is a good idea.  Many
people were surprised that 2011-3 can be used by mid-sized ISPs to get
such huge allocations.

--
Jeff S Wheeler <jsw at inconcepts.biz>
Sr Network Operator  /  Innovative Network Concepts