[arin-ppml] ARIN Multiple Discrete Networks Policy

Richard A Steenbergen ras at e-gerbil.net
Mon Oct 3 10:31:24 EDT 2011

On Mon, Oct 03, 2011 at 01:27:03PM +0000, John Curran wrote:
> > What John is saying is that, in addition to the compelling REASON
> > criteria of the policy, there is also a phantom compelling NEED
> > criteria.
>
> Incorrect.  You need a compelling reason, and there's no policy
> language that denotes lack of common routing policy as a compelling
> reason for discrete networks.

Ok, that's not what you just said a few e-mails ago, but anyways... Lack
of common routing policy is not a compelling reason for a discrete
network, it is THE DEFINITION of a discrete network.

> Incorrect. Show us that you have a _compelling reason_ for doing this.
>
> That's not "absolute need", but it is certainly a high standard than
> some "good reason" as you assert above.

Again, not what you JUST SAID a few emails ago, but lets run with it...
I DO have a compelling reason, and it just so happens to line up
perfectly with one of the example compelling reasons provided in the
policy... Is *THIS* now the part that you're disputing? I'd really love
to figure out what your actual objection is, but every time you seem to
make one and I prove it wrong you seem to make another one. If this is
your objection, I'd be more than happy to disprove it (again), but lets
be clear about it before I waste a lot of time typing. :)