[arin-ppml] ARIN-2011-1: ARIN Inter-RIR Transfers - Revised Assessment

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Thu Nov 10 17:49:22 EST 2011

On Nov 10, 2011, at 5:42 PM, Martin Hannigan wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 5:26 PM, John Curran <jcurran at arin.net> wrote:
>> On Nov 10, 2011, at 5:20 PM, Martin Hannigan wrote:
>>
>>> I believe we are creating that vacuum that business is
>>> worried about and fueling the failure of the Internet or at least the
>>> failure of the few who will not be able to gain access on a level
>>> playing field with the rest of us.
>>
>> Could you elaborate on how the revised ARIN-2011-1 draft policy
>> contributes to this outcome?
>>

> I'd love to. Many of the same comments have been made elsewhere
> already though. I'd rather not cause some to continue to endlessly
> repeat themselves in hopeless opposition. :-)

It would be extremely useful at some point to get a short summary of
these issues with 2011-1 as you seen them, as well as any suggestions
for changes to the draft policy that would address these concerns. The
extended last call period remains open till 16 November 2011.

Thanks!
/John

John Curran
President and CEO