[arin-ppml] IPv4 Transfer Policy Change to Keep Whois Accurate

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Thu May 19 15:25:47 EDT 2011

On 5/19/2011 12:05 PM, Owen DeLong wrote:
> It was not intended as such and I apologize if it came across that
> way. My point is that your policy
> would serve the interest of a select few well capitalized
> organizations significantly better than
> the interests of the overall community.

If "a select few well capitalized organizations" are going to corner the
market on space, doesn't that require them to purchase the maximum
amount of space from existing holders at fairly high prices?

That might serve the *financial* interests of the overall community
better than policies where the number of buyers is limited by needs
assessment.

It also provides existing holders with more cash to use for their IPv6
deployments.

Matthew Kaufman