[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-148 LRSA resources must not be transferred to LRSA

Jimmy Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Wed May 11 20:03:27 EDT 2011

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 12:29 PM, William Herrin <bill at herrin.us> wrote:
> This allows for John Curran's case where the RSA sees minor changes to
> accommodate government entities and the like.
> -Bill

If ARIN staff feels there are minor changes they should make to the
RSA, they should
make public record of those changes somewhere,  and explain when they
are used,
rather than making  Ad-Hoc alterations to the RSA, upon request,
at any applicant's whim.

It's not very transparent to say "we make minor changes";  your
definition of minor
might not be the community's definition of minor,  and some random
ARIN staff member's
definition of minor might change as circumstances tempt to change it,
for convenience sake.

In any case, the registration rules shouldn't be different just
because "it's a transfer"
instead of a new allocation.

--
-JH