[arin-ppml] Draft Proposal for Needs-Free IPv4 Transfers

Jimmy Hess mysidia at gmail.com
Tue May 10 00:05:18 EDT 2011

On Mon, May 9, 2011 at 9:20 PM, Owen DeLong <owen at delong.com> wrote:
> RSA, I could support it. I do not support granting LRSA to transfer
> recipients. The LRSA provides special benefits that are intended to

I agree.    The  LRSA is an agreement between ARIN and a legacy resource holder.
A transfer recipient is not a legacy resource holder;  a transfer
recipient is a new
resource holder.

Also,  there is no reason ARIN should adopt a more lax policy in anticipation
that a resource holder will ignore their obligations in attempting to make
'undocumented' transfers not allowed by policy.

Legitimizing non-needs-based transfers would encourage them.
It is questionable whether black market transfers would even be
attempted, otherwise, by any legacy holders with significant number
resources assigned to their network.

--
-JH