[arin-ppml] transfer conditions

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri May 6 17:04:21 EDT 2011

On May 2, 2011, at 4:32 PM, Owen DeLong wrote:

> 1.  Org. A has a /8 and wants to transfer 32 of it's constituent /24s to Org. B.
>    However, Org. A doesn't want to put any effort into renumbering,
>    so, those 32 /24s are each individual non-aggregable /24s.
>
>    This transfer should not be allowed.

Owen -

   I'm going to rework your example a little bit to assist in
   my understanding of your position:

   If an Org X has two blocks: a /16 (NETX16) and a /24 (NETX24), & they
   approach ARIN and indicate that they want to transfer a /24 portion
   of NETX16 to Org Y, ARIN should disallow it?  Does that answer change
   if NETX24 is in already heavily in use by Org B?  What if NETX24 is
   in use, and it's a part in an embedded system already in the field?
   What if NETX24 is in use by another business unit than the one which
   holds the NETX16?

Thanks!
/John

John Curran