[arin-ppml] Serious question for the list.

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Thu May 5 14:52:16 EDT 2011

On May 5, 2011, at 11:44 AM, Mike Burns wrote:

>> The AC does pay close attention to PPML and to our perceived will
>> of the community. Yes, our perceived will of the community is a
>> somewhat nebulous concept, but, I think that is unavoidable in
>> a consensus-based bottom-up process. However, if the community
>> expresses strong support for a direction contrary to the current
>> policy, that support would definitely be considered by the AC.
>>
>> Owen
>>

> Would the AC give more weight to expressions of support from long term list members than from newcomers?
>
> Regards,
> Mike

Generally I would not. I cannot speak for the majority of the AC.

However, I would give more support to someone who expressed
not only support, but, a cogent reason for their support showing
that they clearly understood the issues than
someone who merely expressed support.

If it is someone who I know (directly or through their list participation)
has a good understanding of the issues in general, their +1 might
carry more weight than someone else's unknown +1, but, that would
depend on the subtlety or complexity of the issues at hand.

Owen