[arin-ppml] Draft Policy 2011-5: Shared Transition Space for IPv4 Address Extension - IAB comment

Joel Jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Thu Jun 30 12:34:16 EDT 2011

On Jun 30, 2011, at 6:46 AM, William Herrin wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 2:15 AM, Joel Jaeggli <joelja at bogus.com> wrote:
>> On Jun 29, 2011, at 4:44 PM, William Herrin wrote:
>>> You are mistaken sir.
>>
>> I would like an apology.
>
> Joel,
>
> Your experience differs from others'. Is it because you tested with
> home premium and I tested with another version? Is it because you
> tested with the rare store-bought version while I tested with a
> preinstall? Is it because you tested with an unpatched version while
> my service pack and patches are up to date?

The default behavior with 6to4 tunnel interfaces is common across all versions of windows vista, 7, and 2008 that I'm aware of. ipv6 is core network functionality.

> I also can't help but notice that your "freshly installed" windows
> already has vmware server on it. What other extra features and
> software were installed that aren't ordinarily there?

It also has service pack 1, neither that or the fact that vmware player is installed are germain to the issue of the existance of a 6to4 tunnel interface. I didn't reimage the machine just for the purpose of doing address selection testing.