[arin-ppml] Update for pp149 Improved Transparency for Directed Transfers

David Farmer farmer at umn.edu
Thu Jun 2 17:54:58 EDT 2011

On 6/2/11 15:52 CDT, Owen DeLong wrote:

> On Jun 2, 2011, at 1:07 PM, David Farmer wrote:
>
>> Owen,
>>
>> I would like to clarify something, the intent is to publish a list of resources (the numbers) that have been transferred and any resources disaggregated as part of transfers.  Similar to the list of micro allocations that have been made, see;
>>
>> https://www.arin.net/knowledge/micro_allocations.html
>>
> Yes, but, in this case, I think that dates are also vital data.

I'm not seeing why the date is vital, could you explain your reasoning?

>> Further, the intent is not to publish a list of the parties involved in the transfers as well.
>>

> I don't care one way or the other about this. Obviously, by publishing the list, one
> can associate the numbers in the list with whois entries to determine the identities
> if one wishes. I don't have a problem with identifying the parties, but, it is not a
> specific goal of this policy. I think that it would be impossible to usefully anonymize
> the parties and still preserve the integrity of what needs to be disclosed.

I'm not looking to anonymize anything, but I don't see a valid need to
include the identities of the parties in this list either.  If someone
wants to look each one up, more power to them.

David Farmer               Email:farmer at umn.edu
Networking & Telecommunication Services
Office of Information Technology
University of Minnesota
2218 University Ave SE	    Phone: 612-626-0815
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029   Cell: 612-812-9952