[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-154 Shared Space for IPv4 Address Extension (w/IETF considerations)

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Mon Jul 4 16:00:25 EDT 2011

On Jul 4, 2011, at 9:55 PM, William Herrin wrote:

>> Whether that type of allocation is technically advisable is
>> the domain of the IETF, at least according to RFC 2860 and
>> the guidance we just received by the IAB.
>
> Then may I respectfully encourage you to ask a friendly ear to
> introduce a policy proposal which would have ARIN defer to the IETF in
> the manner your prescribe? And then endeavor to gather consensus for
> that proposal?

Bill -

  Absolutely no policy proposal is necessary; Draft Policy 2011-5
  has been recommended for adoption by the ARIN AC for adopted, and
  the Board asked that we consult with the IAB before implementation.
  The AC sent it to the Board, and now the Board has to determine
  what is most appropriate for the organization, as is its proper
  role when it comes to ARIN's relation with other Internet bodies.

FYI,
/John

John Curran
President and CEO