[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-155 IPv4 Number Resources for Use Within Region

Gary Buhrmaster gary.buhrmaster at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 20:01:03 EDT 2011

On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 19:24, ARIN <info at arin.net> wrote:
> ARIN-prop-155 IPv4 Number Resources for Use Within Region

I oppose this policy as written.  I think it is too extreme to
require all addresses be used in any one region.  What
about customers with remote sites in another region?
Network infrastructure addresses?  I am sure there are
many other cases where to require absolutes like this
just would not make any sense, but this policy provides
no wiggle room for common sense.

I could, perhaps, be convinced to support a modified
proposal which indicates the organization requesting the
addresses must show the intent to use addresses substantially
within the ARIN region (whether that is 33%, 51%, or 98%, is
for another discussion).

Gary