[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-128: Replacement of Section 4.2.4.4

Lee Howard spiffnolee at yahoo.com
Mon Jan 24 19:03:50 EST 2011

> the length of supply that any  organization

> may request from ARIN from that moment forward will be reduced  to three
> months.

This is the key line of this proposal.

My first thought had been to support (or even propose) this.  But when I
thought about it, I decided that this proposal would encourage organizations
to submit poorly-documented or spurious requests for address space, just
so they would be "in queue" at the time of runout.  So, an org with 70%
utilization would submit an application, and dawdle in responses to ARIN;
after IANA runout, and after they hit 80%, they would complete their
documentation.

I therefore oppose this proposal.

Lee