[arin-ppml] 125

William Herrin bill at herrin.us
Fri Jan 7 09:16:06 EST 2011

On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 8:01 AM, Vaughn Thurman - Swift Systems
<vaughn at swiftsystems.com> wrote:
> Though I shudder to consider the responses I may get, and truly do not
>suggest any intentional bad play, it still needs to be said:
>
> Some of the folks who are pushing this have potential alterior motives,
>such as being IPv6 consultants, authors/content providers, speakers,
>trainers, service providers, etc.

ul·te·ri·or
adj.
1. Lying beyond what is evident, revealed, or avowed, especially being
concealed intentionally so as to deceive: an ulterior motive.

You can't have it both ways. Either they're engaging in deceptive play
(which I don't believe for an instant) or they don't have ulterior
motives, they just have regular motives. You, me, the prop 125 guys,
we ALL have a regular motive: we're trying to improve the state of the
Internet, for each of our honest personal definitions of "improve."
Definitions we've each reached from years and decades of experience in
the field.

Regards,
Bill Herrin

Falls Church, VA 22042-3004