[arin-ppml] LRSA requirement for resources being transferred (Was: ARIN-prop-136 Services Opt-out Allowed for Unaffiliated Address Blocks

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Fri Feb 25 16:31:14 EST 2011

On Feb 26, 2011, at 5:25 AM, Benson Schliesser wrote:

> The word "fraudulently" is contentious when applied in this situation, i.e. applied to transfers that are prohibited solely within the context of ARIN policy.  It's not clear that ARIN has the authority to interfere with any behavior (including transfer) post-allocation of an address block, absent an agreement with the holder.

The word "interfere" is contentious when applied in this situation,
in that ARIN is managing the ARIN Whois database based on the policies
developed by the community.  At this point, can we agree to disagree
on this point and move on to discussing policy proposals.  ARIN will
manage the Whois database in accordance with the community developed
policies, please take that as given when preparing policy proposals.

Thanks,
/John