[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-136 Services Opt-out Allowed for Unaffiliated Address Blocks

I just read these documents, and I see that they create a relationship for the development of global policy.  I don't see where they grant regulatory authority to any RIR - perhaps you can clarify with something more than your opinion?

"The NRO shall fulfill the role, responsibilities and functions of the ASO as defined
within the ICANN Bylaws." <>

Per the ICANN Bylaws, this includes advising the Board "with respect to policy issues
relating to the operation, assignment, and management of Internet addresses."
The Board accepted ICP-2 <> as a statement
of policy, with the NRO fulfilling ICANN's duties of coordination of number resources
and in particular the stable and secure operation of the Internet's number identifier

John Curran
President and CEO