ARIN-PPML Message

[arin-ppml] LRSA requirement for resources being transferred (Was: ARIN-prop-136 Services Opt-out Allowed for Unaffiliated Address Blocks

On Feb 26, 2011, at 1:46 AM, Matthew Kaufman wrote:
> And how would you go about enforcing that in the case where, because of ARIN policy, neither party bothers to notify ARIN?

We update the database when a valid request is submitted,
otherwise we don't.  Ultimately the ISP community decides
the usefulness of the Whois database, and generally works
for policy which matches their requirements.

/John

John Curran
President and CEO
ARIN