[arin-ppml] LRSA requirement for resources being transferred (Was: ARIN-prop-136 Services Opt-out Allowed for Unaffiliated Address Blocks

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Fri Feb 25 12:46:11 EST 2011

On 2/24/2011 10:35 PM, Bill Woodcock wrote:

> On Feb 24, 2011, at 9:19 PM, Matthew Kaufman wrote:
>> So the issue is that if ARIN believes that legacy non-LRSA resources are not transferable and yet the transferer and the transferee believe they are, we have a problem.
> Then there's no problem, because there's no resource that's not transferrable.

I meant to say "if ARIN believes that legacy non-LRSA resources are not
transferable *to another party who hasn't signed the RSA*, and yet the
trasferer and the transferee believe they are"

> Qualifications attach to the recipient of a resource, not to the donor or the resource itself.

And how would you go about enforcing that in the case where, because of
ARIN policy, neither party bothers to notify ARIN?

Matthew Kaufman