ARIN-PPML Message

[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-136 Services Opt-out Allowed forUnaffiliated Address Blocks

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 02:02, Benson Schliesser <bensons at queuefull.net> wrote:

> On Feb 25, 2011, at 1:48 AM, George Bonser wrote:
>>
>> How would one locate this accurate data if it isn't at ARIN?  How is one
>> supposed to know where it is?
>
> How do you know anything about data maintained by other RIRs, or organizations that use distributed whois (rwhois), today?  I expect prop 136 to be comparable.

I go to IANA to provide information on which RIR maintains registry
data for specific /8 blocks.  From there, I am able to go to the
specified RIR.  There may be further referrals from the RIR downward,
but only for registered blocks.  In your proposal, this linkage
breaks.

Andy