[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-136 Services Opt-out Allowed for Unaffiliated Address Blocks

Hi Owen, Benton

On Thu, 24 Feb 2011, Owen DeLong wrote:
> On Feb 24, 2011, at 10:39 AM, Benson Schliesser wrote:
>> The immediate benefit would be for large block holders (with excess resources) to monetize their addresses, and for buyers and/or lessors who need these excess addresses.
> There is a framework for them to do that in the current policy, so, I do not understand why you think
> this would change that situation in any meaningful way.
>> In the near future there may be benefits in terms of RPKI services, Loc/ID split services (routing facilitation), and other advanced services that could be developed by a commercial routing registry.
> Nothing in ARIN policy or practice prevents those things today.
Thanks for pointing this out, Owen.

It seems to be the heart of this particular matter, but also, perhaps
coincidentally, several other recent proposals, as well.

Anyway, AFA prop-138 IC, I am opposed to it on the grounds that it is
apparently redundant. The same observation would seem to serve for
proposed rationales advocating governance criteria, too, I think.

John Springer