[arin-ppml] [Fwd: Draft Policy 2011-5: Shared Transition Space for IPv4 Address Extension]

Joe Maimon jmaimon at chl.com
Wed Feb 23 22:45:44 EST 2011

Jeffrey Lyon wrote:
>> How about guaranteeing new entrants? Or those with only a thimbleful
>> compared to those with buckets? Options for these folks will be a whole lot
>> more limited. I submit that it is a much larger problem for these folks to
>> deploy LSN and whatever else will continue to be required until it truly is
>> the year of IPv6.
>>

> This interests me. Are you saying that IPv4 space should be limited to
> small allocations in order to ensure that IPv4 stays open to new
> organizations while encouraging the migration to IPv6 for current
> heavy users?

Yes, there should be IPv4 space set aside available to those who have none.

I also believe there should be IPv4 space set aside available to those
who have next to none.

http://lists.arin.net/pipermail/arin-ppml/2010-April/017321.html

http://lists.arin.net/pipermail/arin-ppml/2010-May/017523.html

Apparently it is not a popular idea here.

Joe