From: wherrin at [mailto:wherrin at] On Behalf Of William
Sent: Monday, February 21, 2011 11:14 PM
To: frnkblk at
Cc: arin-ppml at
Subject: Re: [arin-ppml] Draft Policy 2011-6: Returned IPv4 Addresses

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 12:11 AM, Frank Bulk <frnkblk at> wrote:
> Does the existing "RSA-covered address recovery" include the 30-day
> In your previous comment I know you wanted to leave that timeframe to the
> discretion of ARIN staff, but the timeframe is one reason why we may want
> include RSA-covered addresses in 2011-6.

Hi Frank,

I believe the recycle period is currently much longer, but then we
haven't run out of addresses yet. If we don't set it in policy, ARIN
staff is free to set a then-optimal recycle period.

William D. Herrin ................ herrin at  bill at
3005 Crane Dr. ...................... Web: <>
Falls Church, VA 22042-3004