[arin-ppml] Draft Policy 2011-6: Returned IPv4 Addresses

Frank Bulk frnkblk at iname.com
Tue Feb 22 00:37:46 EST 2011

Thanks, Bill, for clarifying.

If I make the assumption that legacy and non-legacy space are almost
equivalent in terms of their reusability after their return, for
simplicity's sake it would be easier to keep the recycle times in sync,
either:
a) keep the verbiage of 2011-6 so that it includes all space and specify a
time
b) exclude legacy space in 2011-6 and leave recycle time to the discretion
of ARIN staff.
In both cases, the recycle time would be effectively the same.

If we don't specify a time period in policy 2011-6, I'm not sure if author's
concern regarding "sit[ting] idle" would be met.  Perhaps min/max time would
give the ARIN staff the flexibility but also address the author's concern.

Frank