[arin-ppml] FW: Proposal: Clarification of draft policy 2009-3 (ARIN-prop-135)

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Sat Feb 19 20:18:11 EST 2011

On Feb 20, 2011, at 9:11 AM, William Herrin wrote:

> So I'm still UNCLEAR what conflict arises if local policies and
> strategies designate -nothing- for return.

Bill -

  If local policies specifically designate that nothing should
  be returned under any circumstance, there is no confusion.
  Given that the language is policies and strategies, and the
  existing practice is to return space to the IANA, a policy
  proposal which is not explicit in this area is indeed unclear.

/John