[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-133: No Volunteer Services on Behalf of Unaffiliated Address Blocks - revised

George Bonser gbonser at seven.com
Fri Feb 18 12:51:53 EST 2011

> Subject: Re: [arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-133: No Volunteer Services on
Behalf
> of Unaffiliated Address Blocks - revised
>
> Opposed.  The stated issue is moot in v6 and not of significant
> magnitude in v4 to justify any effort or change.

I tend to concur with that.  I don't see what train is bearing down on
us if we don't pass 133.  In other words, what problem do we have right
now that this is trying to solve (ignoring v4 runout which isn't so much
a train hurtling at us as it is a slow lava flow that has been making
its way toward us for decades).

Many of these proposals are sort of like people living in Kalapana
Gardens suddenly realizing there is a lava flow 20 feet from their house
and demanding "somebody do something" so they can continue to live there
another 10 years.

Personally, I am going to look at all proposals in the light of "how
does this make IPv6 better" and not really going waste a lot of time
with proposals designed to focus on v4 unless they have to do with v6
migration.

This proposal doesn't seem to have any impact on v6 that makes the
internet "better" so I oppose.