ARIN-PPML Message

[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-133: No Volunteer Services on Behalf of Unaffiliated Address Blocks

Ted, I'm not sure why I'm responding to this.  I think your comments conflate a number of different issues.  Nevertheless:

On Feb 16, 2011, at 12:43 PM, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
> If this is really true, then why aren't the legacy holders arguing that
> their "rights" are for IP ADDRESSING, not "IPv4 addressing"

By definition, a "legacy holder" has resources that were received absent contracts with an RIR.  New RIR allocations of IPv4 and IPv6 don't fit into this category.  Further, a legacy holder might have different rights associated with different address blocks, e.g. if some of those blocks are legacy, some were received under different contractual relationships over the years, some were received from different RIRs, etc.

-Benson