[arin-ppml] ARIN-prop-134: Identification of Legitimate Address Holders

Benson Schliesser bensons at queuefull.net
Wed Feb 16 19:59:54 EST 2011

On Feb 16, 2011, at 2:28 PM, John Curran wrote:
> On Feb 15, 2011, at 8:05 PM, Keith W. Hare wrote:
>> What problem is prop-134 trying to solve?
>
> An excellent question best left to the author to address.

Prop 134 makes the definition of "Legitimate Address Holder" a matter of community consensus rather than a staff implementation.

I believe this is a good thing in its own right.  But it is especially useful if the community wishes to define policy that relies on a common understanding of the term.  Prop 133 is an example, as are other draft policy proposals that I'm working on.

Cheers,
-Benson