[arin-ppml] Use of the specified transfer policy

Matthew Kaufman matthew at matthew.at
Tue Feb 15 16:39:08 EST 2011

On 2/15/2011 10:55 AM, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
> John and Martin,
>
> John, I think one possible difficulty on the fraud issue is that unlike
> both the civil and criminal justice system (in the united states, at any
> rate) none of the fraud proceedings are public.
>
> If someone submits fraud evidence or even a strong suspicion based on
> research in the whois database + direct experience, is there feedback?

The good news is that after pp 133, nobody will be *able* to do research
in the whois database.

Nor will ARIN be able to remove an entry from it based on the results.

But I suppose once ARIN makes the address available for reassignment
there can be *two* entities that believe that the address is theirs to use.

Matthew Kaufman