[arin-ppml] Draft Policy ARIN-2010-8: Rework of IPv6 assignment criteria - adopted

Randy Carpenter rcarpen at network1.net
Fri Feb 11 17:27:25 EST 2011

Does anyone know how the fees will work once this is in place?

An example is that we have a /48 at our main site, and have 2 remote sites now, and possibly more in the future. Under this new policy, we would qualify for a /44. We are an end-user, so we paid the fee for the /48 upfront, and just pay the maintenance fee. The initial fee is the same for a /48 or /44. If the policy were in place before, we would have just gotten the /44 to begin with. Do we have to pay the fee again to expand the /48 into a /44 ?

thanks,
-Randy