[arin-ppml] Application requests for IPv6?

Jack Bates jbates at brightok.net
Thu Feb 10 23:14:49 EST 2011

On 2/10/2011 9:47 PM, Barron Hulver wrote:
> From my limited perspective it seems that a request for end-user IPv6
> address space from ARIN is tied to IPv4 address space and that may be
> hindering deployment.  An end-user organization should be able to
> obtain an IPv6 allocation independent of IPv4 allocations.  It sounds
> like 2010-8 will decouple this and is a step in the right direction.

Actually, I think you fall under 6.5.8.1b

"qualify for an IPv4 assignment or allocation from ARIN under the IPv4
policy currently in effect"

Just because you haven't received an IPv4 assignment, if you would
qualify for one (can show usage of your legacy IPv4 to meet the IPv4
requirements for obtaining PI), then you would qualify for IPv6. I agree
that a decoupling is in order, but I do not believe this precludes you
from qualifying.

Jack