[arin-ppml] "Leasing" of space via non-connectivity providers (was: Re: And so it ends... )

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 5:40 PM, Benson Schliesser
<bensons at> wrote:
> My argument is that extending that role into
> behaviors that might be illegal is a dangerous idea.

Hi Benson,

I certainly can't argue with that, but I'm less clear what
relationship you think it has with anything I said.

I used freehold and leasehold real estate as metaphors for the
existing direct ARIN registrations and ISP reassignments respectively
because I believe they share similar traits that provide useful
perspective on the "address leasing" issue. I absolutely DO NOT
propose that ARIN somehow attempt to alter its framework of contract
and convention to match the legal operation of leasehold and freehold

William D. Herrin ................ herrin at  bill at
3005 Crane Dr. ...................... Web: <>
Falls Church, VA 22042-3004