[arin-ppml] Application requests for IPv6?

On Feb 9, 2011, at 4:42 PM, Martin Hannigan wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 7:03 PM, John Curran <jcurran at> wrote:
>>> Note that the first one and third one do not require your IPv4 space to be covered by RSA or
>>> LRSA.
>> Correct.  Only any IPv6 space received would be covered by an RSA.
>> /John
> Let me see if I can clarify a bit.
> I'm not talking about qualifying. I'm talking about legacy holders not
> signed to any agreement receiving IPv6 resources without agreeing to
> put their legacy resources under agreement with ARIN in order to
> receive an IPv6 allocation.
Right.. That's what we were talking about too.

>> From the ARIN website:
> "ARIN must receive a signed Registration Services Agreement from
> organizations and individuals whose resource requests have been
> approved before any allocation or assignment can be made."
Right... The IPv6 resources have to be covered under an RSA. This does
not require them to put their IPv4 resources under LRSA or RSA.

> Seems to me if a legacy holder without a signed RSA or LRSA applies to
> ARIN for v6 addresses and is "qualified" and able to "justify" an IPv6
> assignment, they will be required to sign an agreement with ARIN to
> receive the allocation. Question is, will that agreement consider
> their legacy resources to be included as part of the agreement?
No... The agreement would only cover the IPv6 resources unless
they expressed a desire otherwise.