[arin-ppml] Application requests for IPv6?

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed Feb 9 19:51:32 EST 2011

On Feb 9, 2011, at 8:42 PM, Martin Hannigan wrote:

> Let me see if I can clarify a bit.
>
> I'm not talking about qualifying. I'm talking about legacy holders not
> signed to any agreement receiving IPv6 resources without agreeing to
> put their legacy resources under agreement with ARIN in order to
> receive an IPv6 allocation.

Organization must sign an Registration Service Agreement to receive
new resources (e.g. IPv6 assignments)

> "ARIN must receive a signed Registration Services Agreement from
> organizations and individuals whose resource requests have been
> approved before any allocation or assignment can be made."
>
> Seems to me if a legacy holder without a signed RSA or LRSA applies to
> ARIN for v6 addresses and is "qualified" and able to "justify" an IPv6
> assignment, they will be required to sign an agreement with ARIN to
> receive the allocation. Question is, will that agreement consider
> their legacy resources to be included as part of the agreement?

No.  Signing an RSA does not imply that any legacy resources are
brought under it. You must explicitly bring your legacy resources
under an LRSA or RSA (as desired).

/John

John Curran
President and CEO