[arin-ppml] Microsoft receives court approval for transfer as agreed with ARIN

Stephen Sprunk stephen at sprunk.org
Thu Apr 28 19:00:47 EDT 2011

On 28-Apr-11 14:19, Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:
> In all this talk I find it odd that nobody has commented on the utter
> unfairness of the financial end of all of this.  Microsoft had 7
> million to pay Nortel but they slimed out of sending a miserable .2%
> of that money in fees to support the RIR that makes it possible for
> them to use those addresses?  Microsoft spends more than the annual
> ARIN fee for those numbers every month on buttwipe for their employees
> restrooms.
>
> By all means we need to close this loophole that allows a receiver to
> keep legacy resoures under an LRSA as a result of a transfer.

According to ARIN's current Fee Schedule, the annual maintenance fee for
one or more assignments of any size is a flat $100 per year under both
the RSA and the LRSA, and the fee for a transfer is a flat $250 under
both the RSA and the LRSA.

While I suspect you're correct that Microsoft spends more than that per
month on toilet paper, I don't see how it's relevant to the RSA vs. LRSA
issue.