[arin-ppml] Microsoft receives court approval for transfer as agreed with ARIN

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Wed Apr 27 17:43:49 EDT 2011

On Apr 27, 2011, at 5:28 PM, Benson Schliesser wrote:

> On one hand, in this instance I think that the outcome is generally what should have happened.  (Except for the lack of transparency into negotiated LRSAs.)  If ARIN had taken an overly-hard stance, it would have damaged ARIN and the community as well as Nortel and Microsoft.

ARIN has to implement the policy as written.  However, we do try
to accomodate reasonable changes requested in LRSA agreements for
government entities, and that applies to handling legal situations
which are already inside a courtroom.  Failure to accommodate reasonable
requests in such cases is not prudent management of the organization.

/John

John Curran
President and CEO
ARIN