[arin-ppml] Microsoft receives court approval for transfer as agreed with ARIN

McTim dogwallah at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 01:04:39 EDT 2011

Hi,

On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 4:08 AM, Ronald F. Guilmette
<rfg at tristatelogic.com> wrote:

> In message <F319BC40-7F2D-45C9-95A3-D7614413F323 at arin.net>,

<snip>

> So, um help me out here.  I just want to make sure I understand this.
>
> So with respect to all the space being transfered, Microsoft will demonstrate
> need and ARIN will review need?

>From previous posts, it is my understanding that this has already been done.

<snip>

> How exactly does one go about demonstrating an immediate need for 10 /16s?

I had thought I sent a link about a week ago re; a Nortel/MS joint
project initiated some years ago.  Isn't it entirely possible that
these addresses are already in use, and that MS is just making sure
this project continues without renumbering pain?

I see no reason to distrust ARIN public statements on this one, and
while I am a big fan of transparency, I doubt that most ARIN Members
would be comfortable giving their plans to their competition via ARIN
requests.

--
Cheers,

McTim