[arin-ppml] Curious about consensus

John Curran jcurran at arin.net
Tue Apr 26 20:25:22 EDT 2011

On Apr 26, 2011, at 7:26 PM, Milton L Mueller wrote:

> But this is precisely my point. Everything you say here and below seems to be founded on the assumption that a transferor requires ARIN's pre-approval. Nortel has just blown that assumption out of the water. The fact that it is under bankruptcy court may strengthen its resolve not to be bothered with a transfer agreement involving ARIN, but I see no reason why _any_ legacy holder couldn't do the same thing.

There is no requirement for pre-approval, but the likelihood
of a successful transfer is greatly increased by doing so.

ARIN will maintain the Whois database for this region according
to the community-developed policies, and that includes processing
requests for transferring number resources.

/John

John Curran
President and CEO
ARIN