[arin-ppml] [arin-council] AC Role in Petitions

Joe Maimon jmaimon at chl.com
Sun Apr 17 11:42:34 EDT 2011

Leo Bicknell wrote:

> I think the AC can express displeasure at this sort of behavior,
> but I believe with the current rules and structure that actually
> imposing a sanction would not be in order.
>
> In short, I believe the AC's standing rule is not valid, and that
> this rule cannot be implemented by the AC, it takes changing the
> PDP.  I also believe Martin's support must be counted by the president
> under the current PDP.
>
> This could be changed by altering the PDP, which I've already said I am
> against.

Leo,

That is what I have been getting at.

I also suspect that any additional measures the AC would need to take to
execute their desire to modify how members of the community interact
with the community would lead me (and I would hope others) to call for
and support their resignation.

There have been a few troubling AC actions recently and this is one of them.

I do believe they are operating with the best of intentions, but
actively muzzling AC community members would be crossing a line.

This community enjoys and expects a tremendous amount of transparency
and open interaction and I for one do not support any modification of that.

Joe